Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Editting Notes For Jessica Cole

Jessica's favorite part about this story was the topic. She is very interested in music, so writing about it came very easy to her. She enjoyed researching information about how many Rock Band videogames have been sold and researching the feedback from many famous musicians.

I think Jessica has the start to a great story. There were minor technical problems. The only recurring problem I saw was the long graphs that needed to be broken up. I like the quotes she has because they are from credible sources who know what they are talking about when it comes to music, but I feel that a quote from a music teacher at UGA, a quote from a music student and a quote from someone who owns a music store or something else still musically related would be helpful to the article. Showing how this affects UGA will add length and news content to the story as well. Overall, I think it is a great story and has a lot of interesting facts that I did not know about Rock Band or music education.

NEW LEDE:
With the sales of music videogames rapidly increasing, musicians and music educators fear that the use of videogames as a supplement to playing instruments will result in the decline of music education.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.